- 250g- plain flour
- 2 teaspoon of yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 pinches of salt
- water for mixing
- granulated sugar
- vegetable oil for frying
- Mixing bowl
- Deep pot for frying
- piping bag
- Flat plate.
- put the flour, nutmeg, yeast, sugar and salt in a bowl and mix together.
- Add water in bits and mix with your hand till all the ingredients are mixed properly. Using warm water helps the puffs rise faster.
- the mixture should be smooth but not watery.
- cover the mixture with foil, making sure its airtight.
- I left mine to rise for 50 mins
- heat oil , I used a deep pot the oil was about 3/4 inches.
- I tested to see if the oil was hot enough by putting in a small amount of batter in the oil . If it is not hot enough it will sink at the bottom of the oil.
- when the oil is hot enough, scoop some more and put into the oil, pressing the batter to come out from between your thumb and index finger. spacing them out , do not overcrowd.
- fry till it gets golden brown, do not forget to flip the other side.
- when both sides are golden brown , take them out and put in a sieve and allow to cool.
- When it is cool, take a pipping bag fill it with nutella and fill in the puffs , do not put too much and make sure the puff puffs are no still hot.roll in sugar and serve.