- 5 cups strong white bread flour. all purpose flour can work too.
- 1/3 sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 teaspoon instant yeast
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 serving of tangzhong.
·For the tangzhong: 1/3 cup of bread flour (all purpose will work as well), 1 cup of water
- Mix the 1/3 cup of flour and water together. Whisk until the flour is completely dissolved and there are no lumps.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and turn on the heat to medium. Stir the mixture constantly as the mixture heats up. Cook the tangzhong until the mixture thickens. Once the mixture is just right, take it off the stove and step aside.
MAKING THE BREAD.
- I used my bread mixer to make my dough ( I know it is cheating), I usually put all the wet ingredients in the pan first then the flour and finally the yeast. I set it to dough option and wait till it gets mixed properly. The dough comes out soft and nice. If using your hand, put all the dry ingredients in a bowl, then make a well and pour in the wet ingredients, and start mixing, Keep kneading until it is a smooth dough. It shouldn’t be too sticky and have some elasticity.
- I cover it for about 30 minutes, opened it and then cut the dough up in smaller pieces.
- Roll it out and make them to whatever you would want the finish product to look like. I also filled some of mine with nutella and chocolate.
- I greased my pans, and placed them inside, I covered them again with a wet tea towel for about 50 minutes, they will get to double the size.
Beat one egg and brush on the bread. It will give it that golden brown look. Put in the oven to bake for about 25- 30 minutes