Moin moin is a pudding made with beans . A protein rich food that is found in different parts of Nigeria.
- 250 grams of peeled beans
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 cups hot water
- 200ml water (for blending)
- 1/2 teaspoon scotch bonnet pepper
- 6 maggi
- 2 cooking spoon of v.oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 tin of corn beef
- 4 boiled eggs
- Baking pans (I got some mini loaf tins)
(Preheat oven 180°c)
- You want to start by washing the beans and getting the shaft off.
- Next you put your beans in the blender, with your onions chopped and your bell pepper with 200ml of water.and blend till it gets smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and stir. Add your scotch bonnet pepper, maggi, salt, hot water and vegetable oil and mix .
- Add your corned beef and stir, grease your pans, I used 5 mini loaf pans in total.
- Pour your mix into your pans equally, slice your eggs and share equally into each pan, and it’s ready to go into the oven.
- I allowed mine to cook for 40 mins in total, it cooks faster depending on the thickness of the moin moin in the pan.
- Take out of the oven , allow to cool, then turn it out into a plate and serve.