Moin moin is a pudding made with beans . A protein rich food that is found in different parts of Nigeria.
- 260 grams of peeled beans
- 1 Tatashe
- 1 onion
- 1cup hot water
- 200ml water (for blending)
- 1/2 tbs blended rodo
- 3 Bullion cubes
- 2 cooking spoon of v.oil
- 1/2 tin of corned beef
- 4 boiled eggs
- Baking pans (greased or lined with baking paper)
(Preheat oven 155°c)
- You want to start by washing the beans and getting the shaft off. Soak beans for a few hours to soften. This step should be done earlier.
- Next you put your beans in the blender, with your onions chopped and your bell pepper with 200ml of water.and blend till it gets very smooth
- Pour into a bowl and whisk in one egg. This will make the moin moin have a nice fluffy texture.
- Add your scotch bonnet pepper, maggi, salt, hot water and vegetable oil and mix . (Maggi should be dissolved in hot water)
- Add your corned beef and stir. Transfer into greased or lined pan.
- Slice your already boiled eggs and distribute into pan. Your moin moin is ready to go into the oven.
- I allowed mine to cook for 1hr 30mins in total, it gets ready faster or slower depending on the thickness of the pan used and the size of the pan.I used a nonstick 2lb loaf tin.
- Take out of the oven , allow to cool, then turn it out into a plate and serve.
Note: if top of moin moin starts getting brown, cover top with foil and continue cooking process.