Moin moin is a pudding made with beans . A protein rich food that is found in different parts of Nigeria.
- 260 grams of peeled beans
- 1 Tatashe
- 1 onion
- 1cup hot water
- 200ml water (for blending)
- 1/2 tbs blended rodo
- 3 Bullion cubes
- 2 cooking spoon of vegetable oil
- 1/2 tin of corned beef
- 4 boiled eggs
- Baking pans (greased or lined with baking paper)
(Preheat oven 155°c)
- You want to start by washing the beans and getting the shaft off. Soak beans for a few hours to soften. This step should be done earlier.
- Transfer beans, onions, chopped and bell pepper with 200ml of water into blender and blend till it gets very smooth
- Pour batter into a bowl and whisk in one egg for about 5 minutes. This will make the moin moin have a nice fluffy texture.
- Add your scotch bonnet pepper, seasoning cube, salt, hot water and vegetable oil and mix . (Seasoning cube should be dissolved in hot water)
- Add the corned beef and stir. Transfer into greased or lined pan.
- Slice the already boiled eggs and distribute into pan, cover with foil .Your moin moin is ready to go into the oven.
- I allowed mine to cook for 1hr 30mins in total, it gets ready faster or slower depending on the thickness of the pan used and the size of the pan.I used a nonstick 2lb loaf tin.
- Take out of the oven , allow to cool, then turn it out into a plate and serve.
Note: place pan on an oven tray with water.