6 Large green bell peppers
Assorted meat (beef, shaki, kpomo etc)
1 onion and 1/2 chopped for frying
4-5 green scotch bonnet pepper
1 cup palm oil
2tbs Iru (locust beans)
4 boiled eggs (optional)
4 tablespoon crayfish
- Blend together bell peppers, 1 onion, 3tbs iru and scotch bonnet together.
- You can choose to parboil the blended mixture together or use a strainer to get rid of the excessive water. (I used a strainer, it works just fine and saves you gas)
- set a medium pot on fire, add in your palm oil, and allow to bleach, 10-12 mins, or till it changes colour. I closed my pot then took it outside then brought it back in so the smoke detector would not go off.
- Chop your half onions and add to the oil, with your remaining iru and fry together.
- Add your cooked assorted meat and fry for 5 minutes, stirring them in the process.
- Add your blended mix which by now would have drained off enough water, then add your maggi, salt and crayfish and mix together, taste and close your pot for it to cook.
- I cooked on low-medium heat for about 40-50 mins. you would want the oil floating on top.
- you can get rid of the excessive oil, i usually need that much to fry the sauce. Your sauce is ready to serve, it can be used for rice, boil plantain or yam.