This was something I learnt from my Yoruba people, I love Gizzard and I love plantains so why not mix them together, it’s delicious and easy to make.
- 825g gizzard
- 4 ripe platains
- 1 small and 1 medium oinions
- Half of each colour of bell peppers (green, red, orange and yellow)
- 65g spring onions
- 5 maggi cubes
- 16g garlic
- 30g ginger
- 1 or more scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 11/2 tablespoon curry
- Vegetable oil
- Start off by washing your gizzard properly and cutting it into the size you want.
- Blend 1 medium onion, garlic, thyme, curry, 4 maggi cubes, 1 or more scotch bonnet pepper, 200 ml water and add to gizzard after blending, turn on your fire and start cooking
- while the gizzard is cooking, cut your plantain into cubes and chop your peppers, spring onions and the rest of your onion
- when your gizzard is getting soft, and of course tasty, heat up your oil and start frying your cube pantains . keep aside.
- fry the gizzard next, do not fry it too dry as it will be hard to chew.
- In another pot, put 1 cooking spoonful of vegetable oil (i cook with olive),add the chopped onions allow to fry , then add 250ml tomatoes. My favourite brand is cirio and i used their crushed tomatoes.
- allow tomatoes to fry for about 15 minutes, add one cube of maggi, more pepper if you need it spicy, half teaspoon of curry and thyme, stir together then add your gizzard and mix
- add the dodo next and mix together, add peppers, and cook on low heat for about 3 minutes, add spring onions , stir properly to mix one more time allow on the low heat for another 5 mins.
- take off from the fire and your gizdodo is ready