- Assorted meat (beef, shaki, cowleg, kpomo, oxtail)
- Stockfish (soaked or already cooked)
- Dry fish
- 6tablespoon full crayfish
- Blended Scotch Bonnet pepper
- 500ml palm oil
- 450g Afang leaves, sliced and pounded
- Waterleaves or spinach 1.3kg
- 1000ml stock
This a large portion of soup, do not be scared about the quantity., dry fish should be washed with warm water and salt, stockfish could be soaked in water for a long time or cooked, periwinkles should be washed and also be prepared..
- Your assorted meats should be cooked, and the meat stock should be kept aside.
- In a large pot, put your cooked meats, dry fish, stockfish, crayfish,periwinkles, pepper and stock. mix together and allow to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add your palmoil into the pot, and your water leaves or spinach, maggi and salt, mix properly cook for 3-5 minutes , you do not want to overcook it so do not turn your eyes away from your pot.
- Now add your afang and make sure you mix it properly so it goes everywhere. leave to simmer for 5 minutes. and your soup is ready to serve.
Goes well with pounded yam. Original Recipe gotten from my Dad.