340g plain flour
2 teaspoon and a half of yeast
100g granulated sugar
330ml warm water
1/2 tsp of salt.
Vegetable oil ( for deep frying)
you can add nutmeg for flavour or cinnamon.
- mix water and yeast together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour,sugar and salt . add nutmeg too if you are using any.
- pour in the water and yeast mixture and mix together until smooth.
- let it rise for approximately 1- 2 hours( covered with a wet tea cloth or foil, keep somewhere warm).
- In a large saucepan pour in your oil , Oil should be 3-4 inches, leave it to heat up, then start frying. (I usually put in a little bit to check if oil is hot , if it isn’t the dough goes to the bottom and is flat.
- You can use an ice cream scoop or your hand.
- Fry till golden brown and serve when hot.
This recipe is perfect as the puff puff mixture doesn’t absorb too much oil.