31/2cups of flour,
2 teaspoon and a half of yeast
3/4 cup of sugar
2 cups of warm water
1/2 tablespoon of salt and also you can add nutmeg for flavour.
- mix water and yeast together and set aside .
- In a separate bowl, mix flour,sugar and salt . add nutmeg too if you are using any.
- pour in the water and yeast mixture and mix together until smooth.
- let it rise for approximately 1- 2 hours( covered with a wet tea cloth or foil, keep somewhere warm)
- In a large saucepan pour in your oil , Oil should be 3-4 inches, leave it to heat up, then start frying. (I usually put in a little bit to check if oil is hot , if it isn’t the dough goes to the bottom and is flat.