- 2 cups of rice
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon crayfish
- 2 Scotch bonnet pepper blended
- 4-5 Maggi cubes
- Salt to taste
- 40-50ml vegetable oil
- Dry fish
- 60ml water
- any choice of meat or seafood.
- Instead of parboiling your rice, soak in hot water for 10/12 mins, then wash out and keep aside .
- Pour the coconut milk in a medium size pot and put on fire, add onions, crayfish , pepper, maggi, and half cooking spoon oil. Stir together and taste to make sure it’s tasty enough . Close the pot and allow to boil .
- Add the rice and mix, add water just enough to cover the rice . It’s better to put water in bits , than to add so much and get it too soft.
- Allow to cook low-medium heat. Check on the rice after 12-15 mins , to check if it’s cooked, if the water is drying up and it isn’t soft enough, add a bit more water and allow to cook , don’t overcook the rice. Monitor the rice to ensure its soft and there is no water. dish and serve.