A yoruba cuisine prepared with vegetables, fish, palm oil, crayfish, pepper, locust bean, assorted meat and other ingredients which will be listed below.
- 3 Red bell peppers (tatashe)
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers
- 1 medium onion (for blending)
- 1 cup palm oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 tablespoon crayfish
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Locust beans
- Assorted meat
- 1kg defrosted chopped spinach
- Blend bell peppers, scotch bonnet and 1 medium onion together and set in a strainer and keep aside to remove excess water .
- Put a large pot on fire and add your palm oil, heat it up till it starts changing colour add your chopped onions and fry, do not get the onions burnt, next you add your blended ingredients, crayfish, dryfish, stockfish, salt, maggi , locust beans and cooked meat, mix together and leave to simmer for about 20 mins , let the oil start resting to the top.
- Add the spinach and stir together, leave to simmer for about 5 minutes and your Efo is ready.