This is a simple and delicious meal, especially for cheese and meatballs lovers. Easy to make and the end result never fails to excite your stomach.
- 400g penne pasta
- 600g meatballs
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tablespoon puree
- 1 medium onion chopped
- Stock cubes or maggi cubes
- 40ml olive oil
- 200g mozzarella cheese or cheddar
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 650ml crushed tomatoes
FIRSTLY: cook your meatballs till they get brown. you can do this by putting it in the oven or putting it in a pan and putting it on fire. I sprinkled one maggi cube and pinch of salt.
preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a large pan pour in your olive oil on medium heat, add your chopped onions and crushed garlic cloves. cook for 4-5 minutes ,making sure they do not burn.
- Add tomatoes, puree, thyme, mixed spices, salt, maggi,pepper and mix together, bring to boil cooking with medium heat and leave to simmer. 10-15 minutes
- In another pot boil your pasta for about 10 minutes, following the instruction written by the manufactures. drain and keep aside
- Add browned meatballs to the sauce and stir gently, add the pasta next and mix well , dish into a oven proof dish , sprinkle cheese and bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or just until the top is slightly golden.
- Take out of the oven and serve hot. enjoy
|out of the oven|