Cinnamon roll is a sweet roll served for breakfast.This is a simple recipe , no complications and the end result an A1.
- 3 1/2 cups of plain flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 cup milk (if using evaporated milk use mix half cup of the milk with half water)
- 2 1/4 teaspoon easy bake yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 50g unsalted butter (melt and cool)
- 4oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 cup powder sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
Preheat oven 175 C
- In a bowl of a stand mixer add all the dough ingredients together. Mix until everything is combined till smooth , remove the dough and place on a floured surface and rest for 10 mins. (if you have a bread machine use the dough function and follow your manufacturer’s instructions).
- In a small bowl combine your filling ingredients together.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out your rested dough, try getting it to a rectangular shape, approximately 9 by 15 inch. Use a pastry brush to spread your melted butter on your rolled out dough, then sprinkle your filling all over, leave about 1/2 inch by the side.
- Roll your dough , pinch with your fingers and keep it tightly rolled. press the edge to seal.
- Use a knife and cut your dough, I got 8 equal pieces and a tiny one left. Place in a 23cm baking pan.I used glass pie dish.
- Allow to rise for about 1hr , it will rise and almost double the size.
- Bake for about 25mins, or until slightly golden, let it cool for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk together all the glaze ingredients and pour over the cool rolls. and serve with a hot cup of tea or coffee.