This is an Easy recipe for fisherman stew/soup , My mum passed on to me, catfish is preferably the best fish but salmon works out well and we all know salmon is a delicious fish.
- Salmon/ Catfish (already cooked)
- 680g crushed / blended tomatoes
- Chopped onions
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers
- Scent leaf(ntong/efirin) chopped
- 250ml palm oil
- 2 tablespoon crayfish
- Maggi and salt to taste
- (Stockfish,dryfish,prawns etc, can be included) optional
- Cook your fish and keep aside
- Pour your oil into a medium size pot and allow to heat up.
- Add your chopped onions into the pot and fry
- Add in your tomatoes and blended pepper , and allow to fry till the tomatoes Is no longer sour.
- Add your crayfish,maggi and salt together next and stir
- This would be time to add your prawns, stockfish etc if using any.add in your cooked fish and cover the pot for about 5 mins
- Chopped ntong/efirin should be the last thing . Stir and leave for about 2-3mins. It’s ready for you to serve .
- (Do not turn the fish a lot , as it will scatter, be gentle.
|goes well with rice, pounded yam, eba etc|