Palm oil rice would always be one of my favourites , it is also known as concution rice, local rice etc. It is not time consuming to prepare, the flavour from the dry fish and scent leaves makes it taste so nice, and it will always be a hit.
- 670g long grain rice
- 1 medium onions (chopped)
- 1-2 crushed scotch bonnet pepper
- 2 tablespoon full grounded crayfish
- handful of scent leaves
- 200g dry fish
- 2 cooking spoonful crushed tomatoes
- 150ml palm oil
- prawns( optional)
- 500ml water
- Soak your rice for about 10-15 minutes and wash with warm water, to get rid of starch.
- Pour oil into a large pot, allow to heat up, then add in your onions and allow to fry .
- Not everyone likes to add tomatoes but I love it and I add it in and fry for about 5 minutes
- Add crayfish,pepper maggi,salt,dry fish and prawns , mix properly .
- Add rice and your water. mix together and make sure that you are satisfied with the taste.Cook on low to medium heat. I start off with small amounts of water, from time to time I check my rice and add bits by bits if my rice is not cooked to me standard. I do not like overly cooked rice.
- When you are satisfied with how soft the rice is, and the water is almost dried up the last thing to do is add in your chopped scent leaves , give it a good stir and your rice is ready to serve.
|I used scent leaves that were chopped and dried. Use fresh ones if you find them|
|And serve with meat of your choice.|