So I learnt not to throw away my black plantains, It gets too soft when you try to fry them and it will absorb so much oil. Sometime last year I woke up hungry and mixed 2 and 2 together and made plantain pancakes. It is amazing what you can do when hungry.
- 2 overly ripe plantains (not rotten )
- 50g self raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry pepper
- small chopped onions (optional)
- 1 teaspoon palm oil (optional)
- oil for frying
- Peel plantains and put into a medium size bowl, mash plantains till smooth.
- add flour, salt, pepper, oil and onions, and mix together.
- make sure you have mixed all your ingredients together properly. It is time to fry.
- heat your frying with some oil drizzled on it. I used my ice cream scoop to transfer the mix into the pan. I used a flat spoon to spread it, then allowed to fry. flipping each side till it gets golden brown.
ready to serve