This a crunchy deep fried snack made in Nigeria. This recipe is not for very hard or soft chin chin, it’s just in the middle. For very hard chin chin I will advice you leave out eggs and baking powder.
- 950g plain flour
- 300g margarine
- 200g sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 100ml evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a small bowl mix sugar and milk together and keep aside.
- Beat eggs and set aside .
- Sieve flour into a large bowl , add salt, cinnamon and baking powder and mix together .
- Scoop in your margarine into the bowl with your dry ingredients.
- using the tips of your fingers mix together till it looks like bread crumbs.
- Pour in your egg and sugar/milk mixture. Mix together till you form a dough .
- Sprinkle flour on a clean surface , put your dough on it and knead till very smooth and has elasticity. using your rolling pin , roll the dough out to about 1/4inch thick. ￼
Cut your dough into any shape you want . ￼
- Transfer to a lightly floured tray
- Heat your oil and deep fry , stir continuously till golden brown. Don’t fry a lot at once so it does not soak up too much oil .
- Scoop out into a tray lined with paper napkins and allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy .