Unripe plantain porridge has to be one of my favourite dish, it’s all sort of delicious, and we know unripe plantain is healthy , the fiber content reduces cholesterol level , it has a low carbohydrate content and it can serve as a diet for the control of weight. There are so many advantages but Below is a recipe on how to prepare this delicious meal.
- 6 unripe plantains
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoon blended scotch bonnet
- 2 cooking spoon palm oil
- Vegetable leaves ( ugwu or ntong )
- Cornflour (in case you do not get a very thick sauce)
Before you start you want to : Peel your plantains and chop into cubes ( Not too small ), wash your fish and set aside and chop your onions and your vegetable leaves.
- In a large pot , put your cubed plantains and pour in enough water to cover your plantain .
- Add onions, pepper ,maggi, fish and crayfish . Stir together and allow to cook .
- Leave to cook for about 10-15 minutes , add your oil in and salt to taste . ( you can use any stew sauce if you have no palm oil at hand or both).
- Allow to cook till your plantain is soft and cooked.
- If your sauce does not get as thick as you want , mix a tablespoon of cornflour with a bit of water and pour into your pot Stiring it.
- Add your vegetables, simmer for about 5 minutes and it is ready to serve.
Peppered Assortedmeat and snail.
- Mix of cooked assorted meat and snails.
- 2 1/2 cooking spoon blended tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cooking spoon blended scotch bonnet.
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 100ml Vegetable oil
- In a sauce pan , heat your oil when hot add your chopped onions and fry . Do not burn
- Add your tomatoes and pepper , maggi and salt. Stir together and fry for about 5 minutes .
- Add your meats and snail and stir. Keep Stiring till most of the sauce soaks up into your meats .
- Bring down and serve.