I always hate the stress of washing beans , sometimes I do it sometimes I am not ready for the extra work. I heard of beans flour once but have not found a good one. Then here comes crown food beans flour and I gave it a go . I decided to add coconut milk to my moin moin , I mean why not? Coconut is good for you 😉. The result was great my moin moin came out lovely .
- 300g beans flour ( used crownfoods )
- 3 boiled eggs sliced
- 1 onion
- 1 large tatashe
- 150ml vegetable oil
- 400ml coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons scotch bonnet pepper
- 300ml hot water
- Maggi cubes
- Salt to taste
- In a Blender, put your flour, tatashe, onions, scotch bonnet, coconut milk and blend together .
- Pour into a medium size bowl , add your vegetable oil .
- dissolve about 4 -5 maggi cubes in your hot water and stir into your beans mix.
- Add a bit of salt and have a little taste . If you are not satisfied with your seasoning cubes or pepper, add some more but be careful not to get your moin moin too salty.
- You can decide to bake or cook the regular way. I greased some mini pans with vegetable oil and poured my beans mix into it , added eggs in them and cooked in a pot .
- Cook for about 40-45 minutes, adding bits of water occasionally into the pot so it doesn’t dry out.
- Because I used mini pans it took shorter time to cook .
- Take down from fire , allow to cool so you don’t burn your fingers , then serve.