This seems to be a headace for people , I get people complaining to me about it, but I tell you it is easier than good old jollof rice. It is that rice dish that every form of veg is welcome to the party, but let’s make it simple today, shall we? I do call it special because of the variety of meats I added to it. You can substitute which ever one you want, seafood or pork might not be your favourite.
- 400g Basmati Rice
- 600g stock or water
- 100g spring onions
- Half of each colour bell pepper
- 1 Onion chopped
- 530g mixed vegetable (carrots, green beans, peas and sweetcorn)
- 200g king prawns cooked
- 375g cooked chicken breast
- 400g cooked shredded pork
- 385g cooked beef
- 1teaspoon curry powder
- 4 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon blended scotch bonnet or dry chili powder
- Maggi cubes
- Salt to taste
- Soak rice in hot water for about 10-12 minutes, wash with warm water to remove excess starch and set aside.
- Put a clean pot on fire, pour in stock or water, add curry, thyme, pepper, some chopped onions, Maggi cubes and salt to taste. Allow to boil for some minutes then stir in the rice. Cook on low medium heat till its soft enough. (DO NOT OVERCOOK RICE)
- In another pan, pour in vegetable oil and heat up, add onions and fry, all the meats and prawns, add seasoning cubes and stir together.
- Add vegetables and keep spring onions for last. When ready mix together with your cooked rice and serve. Be careful not to forget vegetables on fire for too long.
Enjoy your meal !