There is so much to do with plantains you will be surprised. I love plantains, yellow, gree, black. I do not discriminate when it comes to my plantains.
- 3 yellow plantains
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 gloves of garlic
- 3 tomatoes
- Half of each colour bell peppers
- Mince or prawns (anyone you have available)
- Bullion cubes
- Scotch bonnet pepper
- Spring onions
- Cheddar cheese
- Vegetable oil
- Peel plantains, heat oil in your pan or fryer and fry plantain as a whole for about 10 minutes till it starts turning golden. Take out of oil and drain excess oil using kitchen paper towel.
- Onions, garlic, spring onions, tomatoes and scotch bonnet pepper should be chopped, then set aside. If using minced meat, brown and set aside too.
- Using a medium pan , pour in about 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil and allow to heat up. Add onions and garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes. Then add your tomatoes and pepper and allow to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add mince or prawns next with your bullion cube and spring onions, stir together and add salt to taste.
- Using a knife, make a straight line in the middle of your plantain, scoop stuffing into the middle and sprinkle with cheese.
- Grease your oven tray and place the plantain on top, stick into the oven(180° preheated) till your cheese is melted.
- Take out of the oven and serve.