Fell in love with pretzels this year and thought i should make some myself and share how easy it is. and of course my love for cinnamon came into play here.
- 3 cups plain flour (US )
- 11/4 tsp easyrise yeast
- 8oz warm water
- 57g butter (melted)
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cups baking soda
- 2 cups warm water
- 113g butter (melted)
- 150g sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Mix together dry ingredients and set aside.
- Melt butter and mix with water.
- Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix together to form a dough. sprinkle more flour if it is too wet, enough till you form your dough.
- Knead for 8-10mins till dough is soft and elastic.
- Place dough in a clean bowl , cover and st in a warm place for about 50 minutes – 1 hour till doubled in size. (preheat oven at 200oc)
- Cut into sticks.
- Mix together the baking soda and the warm water.
- Dip the dough sticks into the baking soda and water solution.
- place pretzel sticks on your baking tray, and bake till golden brown.
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip the pretzel sticks into the melted butter and then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
enjoy your pretzel sticks and fall in love with cinnamon .