When your friend says she wants to make you dinner then ends up sending you to make it. I used to hate chilli, because of the kidney beans, but now it’s one of my favourite. It’s easy and quick to prepare and I always recommend it to university students.
- 500g minced beef
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 400g kidney beans
- 400g chopped tinned tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons purée
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boullion cubes
- 1 red pepper
- Add oil to a pot, when hot put in Chopped onion and garlic and fry (do not burn)
- Add mince and fry till brown.
- Pour In chopped tomatoes and purée and allow to cook
- Drain kidney beans, wash and add to the pot with chopped pepper, add your chilli powder, boullion cubes, cumin and salt to taste.
- Allow to simmer and your chilli is ready
Serve with rice or potatoes