The 14th of February is a day I usually look forward to, it has never been about spending time with a partner it’s more about the food. (Low-key lie)😂, unfortunately I am not with my boyfriend on this red and white day but this would have been a perfect dinner for him. I am happy to share my indoor valentines treat with everyone. Everything used will be listed below . I am making a 3 course meal and below is the menu:
Starter: garlic butter jumbo prawns in skewers
Main course : roast beef with herb red potatoes, asparagus and carrots.
Dessert: chin chin baileys cheesecake
I made my dessert first so it had enough time to cool in the fridge to be served after the main meal.
Chin chin baileys cheesecake:
- 150g crunchy chin chin
- 80g dark chocolate
- 8oz soft cheese (room temperature)
- 2/3 cup baileys original Irish cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300ml double cream
- 80g icing sugar
- Ferrero rocher (for topping)
- Crush chin chin using a food processor or put in a freezer bag and use a rolling pin and crumble to fine pieces.
- Melt chocolate on low heat in a microwave.
- In a clean mixing bowl pour in soft cheese, add melted chocolate and combine with your mixer.
- Add baileys, sugar and vanilla extract together and mix till smooth. ( you will taste the baileys so reduce the amount if you do not want it too strong.) this is a dessert for adults.
- Stir in double cream and whip till smooth.
- Put crushed chin chin in your dessert cup and level in the bottom of the glass.
- Add baileys cheesecake mix , top with some more crushed chin chin and top with ferrero rocher .
- Place In fridge to set till it’s time for dessert.
the roast should be in the oven before you start to prepare your starter.
- 1.3kg beef joint
- 2 medium onions
- A bulb of garlic
- Bunch of Rosemary and thyme
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- Stock cubes
- 5 medium red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1tsp dry bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2 medium sized carrots
- 100g asparagus
- Remove beef from fridge 1hr before you plan to cook.
- Preheat oven to 220°c.
- Peel onions and chop, break garlic into cloves (I did not peel them)
- Put onions, garlic, rosemary and thyme in a baking pan and drizzle olive oil.
- Place beef on top of the onions/herbs. season with stock cube, pepper, salt and chilli and drizzle with oil.
- Place in oven, turning down the heat to 190°c and cook for about 50mins for medium rare. ( I made slight incisions on my beef for some seasoning to get into it).
- While your beef is roasting, scrub potatoes 🥔 clean, and chop into large even pieces no need to peel the skin off.
- Put in a pot, add all the spices together and mix making sure you cover all.
- Set pot on fire and add about 100ml of water and allow to steam. When the water is dried out, off the heat and set aside.
- Wash vegetables and slice carrots 🥕into big strips.
- Allow beef to cook for about 35 minutes before adding potatoes/ vegetables to roast.
Once potatoes and vegetables go into the oven to roast you can prepare your starter.
Recipe can be found by following the link below:
Check your roast and take out of the oven to cool, while you serve your starter . Or be like me and serve both. 😊