So I was hungry and came up with this delicious recipe for me and my girl. So easy and yummy .
- 2 large bell peppers
- 1 scotch bonnet
- 2 bouillon cubes
- 2 spoonful of vegetable oil
- 2 onions
- 150g smoked mackerel filled
- 150g spinach (got mine from Lidl)
- Salt to taste
- Blend peppers and one onion together in a food processor. Don’t make it into purée.
- If you have a strainer, pour in your blended pepper and strain. This will reduce the cooking time, if you don’t have a strainer to reduce excess water don’t be so worried.
- In a clean pot pour in oil, chop remaining onion and pour into oil and fry.
- Add your pepper mix and fry. Allow to cook, I cooked my mix till the water dried.
- Add Stock cubes, mackerel and chopped spinach, mix together.
- Add salt to taste, turn down heat and allow to simmer .
- Your spinach stew is ready.
- Eat with plantain, yam or swallow.