This recipe has been on my mind since Christmas. After serving it and watching how much people loved it, I decided it was time to put it up.
- 700g jumbo king prawns (with the shell on)
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 1/4tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
- Vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 5 green onions chopped
- 1 tsp Chinese five spices
- 3 red chilli 🌶 sliced
- 1/2 shallot chopped
- Rinse prawns with cold water and turn into a colander, that helps the water drain off.
- Pat prawns till they are completely dry.
- Turn into a bowl and pour in the lightly whisked egg white, coating the prawns.
- In another bowl mix together your corn flour, salt,and paprika for your batter.
- Coat prawns evenly with batter and place on a clean flat plate or tray.
- Heat vegetable oil till hot, then deep fry prawns till done. It starts turning pink.
- In a pan, add a couple tablespoons of oil, add chopped shallots and garlic, cook until softened.
- Add sliced chilli, green onion and Chinese five spices and stir for about a minute.
- Add in all your prawns, a pinch of salt and toss to coat.
- Turn off heat and serve hot.