I am obviously getting bored of the Sunday rice tradition, every Nigerian knows the Sunday rice rule. But we are not having that today. This is a simple marinade recipe, you can use it for anything but today I am using it for my pork chops.
- 6 pork chops
- 2tbs smoked paprika
- 1tbs cayenne pepper
- 1tbs garlic and ginger purée
- 1tps thyme
- Bouillon cubes (used 3 Maggi cubes)
- Salt to taste
- One red onion
- Olive oil
- Mix dry ingredients together, then add purée and oil.
- Using a pastry brush, rub marinade on your pork chops, chop onions and add into the pan and allow to sit for one hour or two.
- You can either put your pork chops into the oven immediately or you can leave it in the pan, put on the heat (medium), and cook your meat. Cook for about 12 minutes turning it, then transfer into the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- They do not take so long to cook, that might also be determined by how thick or thin they are cut.
Having my pork chops with peas and herb potatoes, recipe for herb potatoes can be found under my valentine post.