I am on my healthy journey (sort of), so I trying to eat healthy but making it tasty. I woke up with this on my mind as I stocked my freezer with a lot of salmon and mackerel.(yay me) as I didn’t plan on writing this but demand is high. I might not have the exact quantites but it doesn’t matter. I got you all 😊
- 4 eggs
- 1 medium tomato (chopped or sliced)
- 1/2 scotch bonnet pepper (chopped or sliced)
- Handful baby spinach
- 1/2 Onion chopped
- Smoked Mackerel flaked
- Chopped Mushrooms
- Olive oil
- Parsley (to garnish)
- Handful grated low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 bouillon cube
- In a pan, heat oil, add onion allow to fry for a minute or 2. Add in mushrooms, scotch bonnet and tomatoes, flaked smoked mackerel and bouillon cube and mix together. I add spinach when mushrooms are cooked. Give a good stir and take off heat and keep aside.
- Whisk eggs properly in a bowl, add a bit of salt and set aside . In another clean frying pan , add oil and distribute evenly in the pan. When hot pour in eggs and cook for a few seconds, until the bottom is lightly set. Tilt pan and using your frying spatula, draw the edges of the omelet into the centre . The liquid egg will flow into the space and set.
- When the egg is set with just a little bit of liquid, place mackerel mixture over half of the omelette, top with cheese and fold. On low heat allow to cook till some of the cheese melts into the mix. Gently slide out of the pan onto the plate and garnish with parsley.