I was craving this so much and I thought why not? The weather is right for pepper soup.
- 4/5 catfish steaks
- 3 fingers of half-ripe plantain (chopped )
- Handful chopped onions
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers
- 1 tablespoon pepper soup spice
- Scent leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon crayfish powder
- Maggi cubes
- Salt to taste
- Season fish with ginger, chilli powder, salt and Maggi and set aside.( Left mine for about 5 hours) that is optional
- Peel plantain and cut into small chunks, so they cook faster.
- Place fish in a pot add little water and steam just till the water is almost dried up, then add more water into the pot just enough for your pepper soup. (wide pot is advisable as it reduces the fish scattering when you stir )
- Add pepper soup spice, scotch bonnet, onions, crayfish and stir.
- Add plantain chunks into fish pot and add your seasoning , gently stir so you do not scatter fish . Cover pot and allow to cook
- Once your fish is cooked you can take them out and allow plantain to cook till soft, then return fish into pot once plantain is cooked, add scent leaf and your pepper soup is ready.