I am not sure how I ended up here but it was definitely worth it. Although I did not get the exact measurements I am still certain with the instructions you will make it work. It is easy to follow and very tasty.
- 6-7 fingers of ripe plantain
- Goat meat (parts with skin on)
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large onion
- 1tbs cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tbs smoked paprika
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers
- 1/2 tbs thyme
- 1/2 tbs curry
- Olive oil
- Maggi cubes
- Chopped green onions
- Salt to taste
- Season goat meat with onions, cayenne pepper, paprika, thyme, curry, Maggi and salt to taste. (Marinate and set aside 1-2hrs before cooking)
- Cook meat till it is slightly tender, transfer to lined oven tray and grill till it cooks completely.
- Chop meat into smaller pieces if you did not already do that and set aside.
- Wash and divide bell peppers and scotch bonnet peppers and blend using a food processor. Transfer into a strainer to help reduce excess water.
- Blend onion, garlic and ginger together and set aside.
- Chop plantains in cubes and fry till golden brown.
- In a clean pot pour olive oil in and heat up. When the oil is hot add in your blended onions,ginger and garlic and fry, add blended pepper, Maggi & salt to taste then fry for 10-15 minutes.
- Add in prawns and allow to cook just till it turns pink, then add goat meat and mix together.
- Add fried plantain and green onions and mix together till your pepper mix covers everything.
- allow to simmer for not more than 5 minutes and serve.
Tip: (I added no water to cook my meat, steaming did the job and locked in all the seasoning and gave some moisture to my meat)