It is 2020 the whole world is on lock down and we all have so much bananas at home.
◦ 130grams Caster sugar
◦ 60g Unsalted butter
◦ 1 large egg
◦ 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
◦ 170g plain flour
◦ 2 teaspoon baking powder
◦ 3 tablespoon dessicated coconut (1/2 tablespoon for garnishing )
◦ Handful mixed dry fruit. (Save some for garnishing)
◦ 2 Bananas (1 extra banana slices for decorating.
◦ Pre-heat your oven to 190°c (170°c for a fan-assisted oven or Gas Mark 5) and grease & line a 2lb loaf tin with grease-proof paper.
◦ Mash 2 large bananas and set aside.
◦ In a large bowl add the sugar, butter/margarine, 1 egg & vanilla extract and using a whisk cream together
◦ Gradually sift in the flour and baking powder. Add in dessicated coconut and your mixed dry fruit mixing until all combined.
◦ Add mashed bananas and fold till your batter is mixed.
◦ Pour into your pre-lined loaf tin and top with more dessicated coconut, mixed fruit. Slice banana and cover in dark brown sugar and arrange sliced banana on top.
◦ Bake in your pre-heated oven for 40 minutes until golden on top of until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan for 20-25minutes to cool. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.