This is another quick recipe but super tasty. Without too much hassle and fuss.
- 600-700grams Large Shrimp (clean and deveined)
- 450g Penne pasta
- 1 1/2tbs Cajun Seasoning
- 1Tbs Olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves (Chopped)
- 30g Butter (extra 25g for cooking shrimp)
- 2-3 Tbs pasta water
- 400ml Double Cream
- 180gram grated Parmesan
- Black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Parsley for garnishing.
- Pat dry shrimp and put in a clean bowl. Add in olive oil and Cajun seasoning to marinate your shrimps and set aside for 5mins.
- In a clean pot, cook pasta as instructed on packaging.
- In a clean pot, melt 25g of butter over medium heat. Add shrimps to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until shrimps have just turned pink on both sides. Transfer shrimps to a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan over medium heat, melt the 30g of butter. Add garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Pour in double cream and allow to warm then stir in grated parmesan and pepper.
- Drain out cooked pasta and add 2-3tbs of pasta water to sauce. (adding pasta water helps to loosen the consistency of the sauce)
- Remove sauce from heat and add pasta and shrimps. Toss to coat evenly
- Garnish with parsley and serve