Beans was such a staple food growing up. It was part of a Saturday tradition. Beans can be paired with just about anything from rice to plantain, yam, bread or garri. Follow my recipe below for a delicious pot of beans.
- 2 1/2 cups of beans
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 3 tablespoon crayfish
- 3 maggi cubes
- 2 cooking spoon oil
- 1tbs blended rodo
- 400g tomato plum blended
- Salt to taste
- Wash beans and transfer to pot adding salt half chopped onions and boil till soft. ( I used a pressure pot which took about 30mins)
- Blend tomatoes and set aside. Add oil into a clean pot on medium heat. When oil heats up add left over chopped onions and cook till translucent. Then add your blended tomatoes and cook till you get rid of the sour taste.
- Add blended rodo, crayfish and maggi and stir together and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer boiled beans into tomato base, salt to taste and stir. Taste for seasoning and adjust if you need to. Leave to simmer for about 4 minutes on low heat. Your beans is ready.
- Enjoy with fried plantain, yam or even garri.