After contemplating on mixing yam and smoked turkey I finally decided to give it a go.
- 1kg Yam
- 300ml blended tomatoes
- 1/2 cup palm oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2tbs grounder crayfish
- 700g smoked turkey
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper
- Vegetable of your choice (spinach, scent leave)
- 4 bouillon cubes
- 2 cups of water
- Salt to taste
- Smoked fish (optional)
- Prepare your ingredients first. Peel yam and cut into medium chunks and wash. Leave in cool water and set aside.
- Chop onions, blend tomatoes, wash and debone dry fish.
- Heat up palm oil in a medium size pot. Add chopped onions and allow to fry for about 3 minutes. Then add in tomatoes and allow to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add bouillon cubes, grounded crayfish, scotch bonnet pepper, deboned dry fish and mix together then add smoked turkey and cover pot to cook for another 5 minutes.
- pour in two cups of water and gently add your yam. Allow to cook on medium heat for 20-25 mins. Or until your yam is soft.
- Add vegetable of your choice and adjust for salt and pepper and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Turn off heat and serve.
Note: feel free to mash some of the yam.