This has been a recipe I have wanted to put out for a while now. I am starting to enjoy pasta more as it is so stress free.
Note: This can be made with penne pasta and after cooking pour in pasta into a baking dish, top with grated cheddar cheese and bake until cheese has melted and is just starting to turn golden. It is absolutely delicious.
- 360g Linguine pasta
- 450g Large King Prawns, cleaned and deveined.
- 200g Mussels, cleaned and debearded.
- 30ml olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or crushed.
- Ground black pepper
- 1tsp chilli flakes
- 10g bouillon cube, crushed.
- 400g can chopped Tomatoes
- 1/2tsp mixed herbs
- 180ml double cream
- Handful parsley (chopped)
- Grated Parmesan cheese for serving.
• Cook pasta according to package instruction. While pasta is boiling prepare creamy tomato sauce.
• Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until softened for about 4 minutes. Then add the garlic and sauté till fragrant.
• Add the prawns, mussels alongside chilli flakes and crushed bouillon cube then stir together and cook for about 4 minutes.
• pour in the tomatoes and stir to combine. Simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Then turn down the heat and stir in the double cream. Taste and season with salt and black pepper if needed.
• Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Toss gently to combine. serve with Parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley.