Staring at the black plantains, everyone is refusing to boil them or fry them. They look sad and lonely. So what do you do? You tell them they have a purpose, you tell them they are loved and special. You tell them you will make me some tasty pancakes.
• 180g self raising flour
• 25g caster sugar
• 1/2 teaspoons baking
• 1 pinch cinnamon
• 1 pinch salt
• 2 very ripe plantains (mashed)
• 240 ml full fat milk
• 2 large eggs
• 60 ml sunflower oil
1. In a bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, mash the plantains till almost smooth if you have not done so already. Add the eggs and pour in the milk and sunflower oil, and mix until combined.
3. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix together. Do not over mix. Allow to sit in fridge for about 15 minutes .
4. Heat a nonstick pan. Scoop about 120ml of the batter (1/4 cup x2) onto the pan. Cook until bubbles form over the surface of the pancakes, then flip and cook another 2 minutes.