I have been looking for new ways to enjoy food. Taking suggestions from people online has also been helpful. If you make ofada sauce this is pretty much the same. I opted for red peppers instead of green in this recipe.
◦ 7 Large Red bell peppers
◦ 500g boiled Assorted meat (beef, shaki, kpomo etc)
◦ 1 large onion
◦ 2-3 scotch bonnet pepper
◦ 1/2 cup palm oil
◦ 4-5 bouillon cubes (used maggi)
◦ 1 tbs Heaped fermented locust beans)
◦ 4 boiled eggs (optional)
◦ Prawns (optional)
◦ 2 tablespoon full crayfish
◦ 450g spaghetti
• Prepare all your ingredients. Deseed, wash and blend your peppers. Also chops your onions and set aside.
• You can choose to parboil the blender pepper or use a nut bag to strain the excess water. (See notes below)
• Set a medium pot on fire, add in your palm oil to bleach. (See notes below )
• Add chopped onions to the oil and allow to fry till soft.
• Add your cooked assorted meat and fry for 5 minutes, stirring them in the process.
• Add your blended pepper which by now would have drained off enough water. Add locust beans, bouillon cubes and cray fish.
• I cooked on low-medium heat for about 20 mins. you would want the oil floating on top to know the pepper is ready. Taste to adjust seasoning as desired.
• Boil spaghetti following manufactures instructions. When soft enough, strain the water and transfer cooked spaghetti into your sauce and mix together.
Notes: To bleach palm oil, pour oil to a clean dry pot. Turn on the heat and cover the pot for about 10-12 minutes. Oil will go from being red to having a transparent look. Do not open pot till the oil has cooled down for about 20 minutes.
Using a nut bag not only strains the excess water out of the pepper but it will not waste the pepper and it saves gas.