I cannot believe how highly requested this recipe is. I am always so glad when people love what I put out and the best part is when it gets recreated. So if you enjoy this quick meal don’t forget to tag me on it
- 320g penne pasta
- 450g Large King Prawns, cleaned and deveined. ( Marinate in Garlic, coriander,parsley,white pepper and salt. )
- 1tbs unsalted butter
- 30ml olive oil
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or crushed.
- 1tbs chilli flakes
- Seasoning powder
- 1tsp mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 260 ml double cream or heavy cream
- 2 handfuls grated mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Chopped parsley to garnish.
- Cook pasta according to package instruction. While pasta is boiling prepare creamy tomato sauce.
- In a clean pan on medium /high heat , melt your butter and cook prawns till pink . This should take about 2 minutes then set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until softened. Then add the garlic and sauté till fragrant.
- pour in the tomatoes , mixed herbs, dried basil, chilli flakes and seasoning powder, then stir to combine. Simmer and cook for 12 minutes. Then turn down the heat and stir in the double cream. Taste and season with salt and black pepper if needed.
- Add cooked prawns and stir into your creamy sauce.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add it to the sauce. Mix together coating all the pasta in the sauce.
- Transfer to oven dish and top with mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Bake in oven till the cheese melts or longer if you want it golden brown.
- Remove from oven and garnish with chopped parsley.
Video on how to prepare this can be found on my Instagram reel.
Prawns can be substituted for chicken or turkey breast .